Friday, February 12, 2010

Cello Lesson, February 12, 2010

Lesson wasn't quite as horrible as I assumed it would be, but definitely not one of my better ones. Someday I will feel good again, and get back to regular practice, etc. Also, rainy, ugly day never helps!

Played Schroeder #39 very slow. Had problems, as expected. B indicated the staccato notes don't really need to be all that staccato as I am playing in the upper half of the bow. On second page, 2nd line from bottom of page, play almost like a 1-4-3 chord and move the thumb back in order to get better intonation. This repeats three times.

Suggested trying to play in front of a mirror; maybe I can get Emily to hold one in front of my left hand; don't watch bowing in the mirror though as it will be distorted.

OK to use more bow in the longer runs. Pull the bow. Will keep working on this the next two weeks. Hopefully my eyesight will improve soon; last hbot is Monday the 15th.

Will keep working on the gigue; second page was a bit more likable today as B played it, but still like the first page better. Top line, E, CG chord, E, make sure the low C is very heroic! Skip back up and use lots of bow. Changed the bowing slightly in my version to match B's version and will work on that. I'm thinking of trying to find a large print version of the Bach Cello Suites; would probably be expensive, but would definitely be easier for me to read and mark up.

No lesson next week due to surgery. Will continue to work on Schroeder #39, gigue, and possibly go to Courette of the third suite.

Finished off with some duets; lots of fun; really like playing duets!

No comments:

Post a Comment