Saturday, February 13, 2010

Bach Suite III Gigue

Love the first page of the gigue; jury is still out on page two. B indicated it is supposed to be more cerebral, but I'm just not sure I like it.

Have all the correct bowings from B.

Page 1

Make sure to slur the string crossings and be smooth; I was too jerky. In the "boot strap" section, lift the bow back to the frog for maximum effect. Use 1/2/4 in top line chord, not 1/3/4.

Pull the slurs in "boot strap"

Use flycasting techniques. Move the bow a lot, but don't spend much time on the strings.

Page 2

Hopefully as I play better this will begin to appeal to me. Fixed the bowings to match what B has in her music. In top line, E, CG chord, E, play C as a "heroic C" and make sure to use lots of bow and skip the bow. Can start the string crossing section (both pages) slowly and then build up speed.


No comments:

Post a Comment