Thursday, February 4, 2010

Bach Cello Suites: J.S. Bach, Pablo Casals and the Search for a Masterpiece

Great book and fun to read while beginning work on the 3rd suite. I'm on the 6th chapter/suite. Will keep this book on my Kindle and not move it to the archive section as I can see myself referring back to the book. Especially love the parts on Casals. Wonder if they could make this into a movie??? Might be very interesting to juxtapose the Bach/Casals/author narratives. I think it would work!

1 comment:

  1. I read this book just after Christmas and throughly enjoyed it. Having just started playing cello 4 months ago I found it inspiring. I'm looking forward to the day I start working on a Bach Suite.

    And I agree with you, the Siblin book would make a great movie.

    Mark Nichols
    http://zanshin.net

    ReplyDelete