Sunday, January 24, 2010

Practice

I've almost memorized Bouree II and that combined with the slower tempo (60) has seemed to really help. I'm able to concentrate on tone quality, fingerings, dynamics (though most of the piece is pianissimo) and bowing. The squeaking in Bouree I is still driving me nuts; it is always in the same place(s) so it seems like I should be able to correct myself. Will keep working on this. The fly casting exercise seems to help as I am hearing many of the notes "ring."

Schroeder #38 is going OK. I like the piece and will work to get it up to tempo as soon as I get more comfortable with the notes.

I plan to take Schroeder with me to HBO treatment tomorrow and try to visualize myself playing it well. Maybe if I do this every morning I will see a difference. I can also use the time to pencil in the notes for the upcoming pieces which are in tenor and treble clef, though I've noticed that my eyesight is starting to get worse (they warned me about this and it is temporary).

1 comment:

  1. The best type of violin lessons would be home violin lessons with a violin teacher. cello lessons

    ReplyDelete