Friday, January 8, 2010

January 8, 2010 Cello Lesson

Today's lesson was the first in about a month (due to my surgery, recovery, etc.). Overall, it went better than I expected.

Played Schroeder, #37, Emily's Song. For next week I need to slur the measures and use MORE BOW throughout. Will need to work on smooth chord changes in each measure.

Also played the Bouree I and II from Bach's Suite III.

Bouree I: Make sure to show a difference in the dynamics. In measure 2, really hit the C and following chord. In measure 6 make sure to play evenly, and not like skipping. Overall, the dynamics need to reflect the importance of that portion of the music (this may not correspond to the dynamics listed on the music.)

In the second section of I there are a couple of measure that can be bracketed. In measure 27, play evenly. Make sure the final chord is in tune.

The Bouree II is very different from I. There should be no staccato (even if indicated in music). Should be seemless, a dream sequence, hazy, pastel tones, muted tones. Will be pianissimo throughout the piece. First time played, play in first position. In the repeat play in 2nd posistion. Will probably need to make, or get,a clean copy of this and write out the fingerings forthe repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment