Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Notes on Bouree I and II During Hyperbaric Therapy

To help pass the 2 hours spent in the hyperbaric chamber every morning, this morning I jotted down everything I could think of related to Bouree I and II.

Bouree I

Overall: Keep the bow moving; use more bow, be fluid, place finger pads firmly on strings to avoid squeks. Bear down with the index finger when more pressure is needed.

Start mid bow, up bow, loud enough so the upcoming P is different. Combination of slurs and spicatto. Nail the C and the trill, F. Upbow again, MF followed by P, nail the G and all following. Make sure 6-9 is even and F. Repeat.

In the second section of Bouree I, start upbow, MF. In measures 12-14, make sure to hit the A,G#, F#. Bar the B and E which are played P. The next two measures are P, followed by F for two measures and then back to P. Make sure to play these dynamics as B indicated there was no difference in my dynamics last week. Make sure the repeat of 6 to 9 is played evenly; this time it is P, rather than F as it is in the first part. Watch the accents in the middle of this section. Think of Bouree I as a lively dance.

Bouree II

This is a dreamy, lazy dance. Even if the music indicates it, there is NO spicatto. I changed the 8 note slurs to 4 and 4, based on what some of the other copies of this music indicated. Hope this will be OK with B. The entire piece is mainly P and PP. Use the entire bow. Still need a lot of work on the fingerings. Try to remember to vibrato the quarter, half and doted half notes. The final chord can be played separate, but must be in tune; it is also P.

2 comments:

  1. Can u Send me the sheet music for both bourees @ Dark9shadow5@yahoo.com thx

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the contents you mentioned in post is too good and can be very useful. I will keep it in mind, thanks for sharing the information keep updating, looking forward for more posts.Thanks hyperbaric chamber

    ReplyDelete