Friday, January 15, 2010

January 15, 2010 Cello Lesson

Schroeder #37

Prior to my lesson I watched this exercise on YouTube. Very impressive, though cellist's mannerisms were very annoying and detracted from the performance.

Watch intonation; if I suspect I am out-of-tune, fix immediately. Can play the notes separately to make sure each note is in tune.

Measures 18 and 33 are harmonics.

Can remove thumb from fingerboard to accurately play some of the more difficult extensions.

Overall, use the entire bow and make sure it is as smooth as possible!!!!!

B didn't mention, but when I practice this week, pay attention to the dynamics.

Did better in the second section than the first.

Will work on this for one more week. Will concentrate on the first two lines, memorize them in order to really pay attention to bowing and smooth transitions.
Bouree I

There is not enough difference in the dynamics. Keep the bow moving. Use index finger to help control the bow especially in 6-9 and 27-29. Make sure those sections are even and not skippy.

Overall, I is still too punchy; needs to be more fluid. Lots of squeaking; make sure fingers are firmly on the strings.

Bouree II

Recheck fingerings; should not be any fourth fingers played above the D on the D string.

Overall, use more bow.

Will stay in 2nd position throughout II.

No comments:

Post a Comment