Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Emily Wright's New Book: A Modern Cellist's Manual

Just ordered two copies of Wrights' new book, A Modern Cellist's Manual. One copy is for B. Can't wait to get the book; it shipped out today. I'm hoping it comes before I head back to the hospital. The reviews appear to be fantastic. I love her blog and know the book will be a great help. I was impressed that I received an automatic thank you from EW.

Told B that if the book comes in before Wed. I'll try to get
her copy to her. Am really excited about the book. I think her blog has helped me be a better cello student; not that I think I could ever be one of the "nightmare" students you read about, but it is important to be able to see things from the teacher's side of the fence as well as from the student side. It is too bad that adult students tend to get a bad rap, though in many cases, I'm sure it is well deserved.

So, I think I am looking forward as much to the "musing" of EW as to the technique advice.

Monday, March 22, 2010

My two copies of the book arrived today. At first look, I LOVE the pictures; so much better than in any of my other manuals. It's amazing what a difference color makes when trying to illustrate a point with a photograph. I know this is a book I will be referring to frequently.

No comments:

Post a Comment