Friday, March 19, 2010

Cello Lesson, March 19, 2010

Lesson today was just 30 minutes as B and I both didn't think I should stress out my back. Accomplished a lot in 30 minutes though.

Fortunately, by now and with all the work on scales, the previous issues with the right hand and bow grip were a little better than earlier in the week.

B loaned me some heavy balls (2) which I should practice rolling around in my right hand. Also, some kind of strange soft plastic which I fit my fingers in and exercise them; sort of the reverse of squeezing the nerf ball.

Work on the windshield wiper exercise, just make sure to hang on to the bow.

Set metronome at 60 and play open strings; no higher than an 8 count.

Schroeder #20 went well; played as well during the lesson as I had at home earlier (unusual for me!).

Also will continue to work on #40. B changed the bowing; all the long runs are two up-bows followed by separate bowing; except for some which are played as written. Should have time to work this up in two weeks. Will miss next Friday as will still be in the hospital with 2nd chemotherapy treatment.
Saturday, March 20
Worked with the "Zen Balls" and they seem to help the flexibility in the
right hand. Not sure about the "Cat's Claws: but
they seem to work the opposite of the nerf ball.
Changed all the bowing on Schroeder #40; will work on both
pages; should be easier to play with all the
detached bowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment